Policies in the field of QMS
Quality policy of
«UzEngineering» Republican Design Institute
«UzEngineering» Republican Design Institute under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan is the general contractor for the development and adaptation of pre-design and design documentation in the basic sectors of the country's economy (in the field of geology, fuel and energy complex, chemical, petrochemical and metallurgical industries), and also provides services to foreign and local EPC contractors implementing investment projects in terms of turn-key basis project development.
The main mission of the «UzEngineering» Republican Design Institute is to increase the level of localization of design work with a phased replacement of services of foreign engineering companies in the implementation of investment projects in Uzbekistan.
The Institute is entrusted with the functions of the developer of pre-design and design documentation for strategically important investment projects of the basic sectors of the economy, including with the aim of:
- development of independent implementation of project documentation (detailed design) and maximum localization of its development;
- introducing into the design processes in the Republic progressive methods of organizing design work based on international best practices, involving foreign design and engineering organizations;
- application of advanced technological and efficient approaches in engineering.
In order to improve the quality of design works and the level of their localization, taking into account the training of highly qualified personnel in this area, as well as further improving the activities of the «UzEngineering» RDI, the Institute entrusted with the following tasks by the Presidential Decree of February 22, 2018 No. PP-3557:
- assistance in the training and professional development of personnel in the field of design, wide involvement in the educational process of leading specialists and design engineers from foreign educational institutions and engineering companies;
- introduction into practice of compulsory internships for students of technical universities at design institutes;
- implementation (together with foreign EPC contractors) of the «on-the-job-training» system with the aim of training domestic design engineers in modern design methods and standards during joint project development;
- coordination of interaction between technical universities, enterprises and design institutes on the issues of training design engineers.
The main strategy of the Institute is customer orientation, maximum satisfaction of his needs, improving the quality of services provided and work performed in the field of design to meet international standards.
In order to achieve its goals, the Institute uses modern advanced technologies, and also develops new areas of engineering and design services – adaption work of detailed documentation developed by foreign engineering companies, PMC (Project Management Consultant) – consulting in the field of construction management. The Institute staff consists of highly qualified specialists using modern approaches to the implementation of tasks.
Measures for organization and improvement of Institute’s analytical database through interaction and cooperation with universally recognized world leaders in the provision of relevant analytical information and databases in the energy, metallurgy, mining, chemistry and petrochemical industries are being implemented.
In the interests of exchanging experience, introducing progressive methods of organizing design work into the design processes, the Institute practices the creation of consortiums with foreign engineering companies to jointly develop pre-design and design documentation and provide consulting services regarding project management.
In order to further development of the Institute and ensure the fulfillment of the tasks assigned by the Government, the management of «UzEngineering» RDI has undertaken to implement, certify and improve the quality management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015, as a means of facilitating high-quality and timely execution of consumers’ orders.
In order to fulfill the obligation, the Institute management will observe the following requirements:
- regular improvement of the Quality Management System;
- compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements in all areas of activity;
- provision of high-quality services and products that meet customer requirements;
- regular improvement of the professional level and practical skills of employees of the Institute;
- ensuring the social security of the team and creating a favorable environment for making the maximum contribution of each employee to the Institute’s activity.
The Institute's government guarantees comprehensive support to achieve the stated obligations.