The history of the Institute
The Republican Design Institute "UzEngineering" under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan starts its history from 2006, when the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-377 dated 13.06.2006, under the Ministry of Economy, in order to strengthen coordination of scientific, technical and project support for structural reforms in the country , preparation at a high level and high-quality support for the implementation of major investment projects for the construction, reconstruction and modernization of enterprises in the basic industries of importance for sustainable and balanced development of the economy of the republic was established by the Uzbek State Institute of Design in the power, oil and gas, chemical and heavy industry - Institute "Uztyajneftegazkhimproekt".
In order to further improve the quality of the investment projects being developed, to introduce into the design processes progressive methods of organizing and conducting design works based on advanced foreign experience by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan of 14.03.2017. № PP -2831 State Institute "Uztyajneftegazkhimproekt" was reorganized into the Republican design institute "UzEngineering" under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The institute is entrusted with the functions of a general contractor for the development of pre-project and project documentation for investment projects in accordance with contracts concluded with customers of enterprises in the basic sectors of the economy.
The main tasks and directions of the Institute are:
- development of pre-project documentation, including PFS / PTEC and FS / TEC, adaptation of pre-project documentation developed by foreign design organizations to normative documents in the field of technical regulation and standards of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- technical support of projects, carrying out and support, jointly with the initiators of tender trades, of the projects of the basic economic sectors (in terms of design) for projects regulated in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for developing, approving the documentation of investment projects approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on June 7 2007 №110;
- consideration and agreement of the concepts of structural transformations of the basic branches of the economy, modernization and technical reconstruction of the objects of geology, fuel and energy complex, chemical, petrochemical, and metallurgical industries developed by the sectoral departments;
- participation in the consideration of investment projects submitted for inclusion in the Investment Program of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the construction and modernization of enterprises in the basic sectors of the economy;
- introduction in the design processes in the Republic of Uzbekistan of progressive methods of organizing design works based on advanced foreign experience, involving foreign design and engineering organizations;
- development of the direction of independent development of project (working) documentation of investment projects, as well as adaptation of project (working) documentation developed by foreign design organizations, with the subsequent assumption of the functions of general contractor for the development of project documentation for the projects of basic economic sectors;
- attraction on a competitive (tender) basis for the specific development of feasibility studies of investment projects as subcontractors of domestic and foreign specialized design institutes, as well as leading specialists, coordinating their work;
- realization of the deep analysis of the world market of advanced technologies and equipment that meet modern requirements for productivity and quality of products, energy and resource saving, as well as environmental standards, with the exclusion of unpromising, morally and physically obsolete equipment and technologies;
- selection of advanced high-tech, energy-efficient equipment and technologies for design;
- consideration of pre-project documentation of the basic branches of the economy at the Scientific and Technical Council of the Institute;
- close cooperation with industry scientific and technical and expert councils of basic branches of the economy in terms of development, examination and approval of design, pre-project and working documentation;
- the formation and constant updating of the information and analytical database on modern equipment and technologies produced abroad, their technical and production and economic characteristics, the level of efficiency and the degree of practical approbation, as well as the main foreign manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech equipment, developers and licensors of technology in the profile activities;
- collection and generalization of information on proposals received from foreign investors and companies for the construction, reconstruction and modernization of industrial enterprises and participation in the development of proposals for the implementation of new investment projects focused on the production of competitive ready-made and semi-finished products in demand on the world and home markets by processing local raw materials ;
- development of recommendations on the maximum parameters of equipment prices, as well as the cost of turnkey projects in accordance with the proposed technology;
- carrying out an independent technical and economic expertise of investment projects commissioned by ministries, departments, economic management bodies in the basic sectors of the economy.
To view video-presentation of RDI "UzEngineering" go to link.